What is the Reel Camp about?
A lot goes into creating film & video! Kids will get to put in a lot of effort, but at the heart of this week they will be working with others to create something fun!
The finished movies will available via YouTube and we are working on a place for a screening!
What will creators be doing?
Here are a few of our role descriptions, no one is limited to one job—everyone can try everything!
There is something for everyone at the Reel Camp! We aim to provide the opportunity for your child to learn a skill that interested them. Everyone learns something new to try, regardless of experience!
- Writer: Creative with words and likes making up stories.
- Director: A good communicator with an eye for detail.
- Producer/Assistant Director: Someone who is organized and can keep things on track.
- Camera Operator: Someone who loves filming things and would be comfortable with an iPad or video camera.
- Art Department: Someone who loves art projects and likes to create.
- Acting: If you can’t resist performing, this is for you
- Editor: putting those all important clips togerther for a final product!
What about Daily Activities?
Here is a partial list:
- Creative Writing
- Scene watching (watching age appropriate films to understand how it all fits together)
- Filming techniques
- Camera technique
- Basic lighting
- Making props, set decorating & wardrobe
- Sound recording
What should we bring?
- Lunch and snacks (we will have some ‘craft services’ available, please let us know any dietary restrictions)
- Comfortable clothing
- Costumes (please don’t buy anything. Kids will be encouraged to make, bring or borrow. Costumes will be decided on Day 2)
- Please talk with your child about respecting equipment. We will be using some really cool stuff, and some of it is expensive.
- Equipment is to be treated with respect and care.
- Children are not permitted to leave the building without adult supervision.
- Parents / Guardians must sign their child in/out every day.
- If your child has special needs, please contact us prior to registration.
- This camp is a safe space for everyone. Violence or harassement of any kind will not be tolerated. Parents will be always be notified immediately and the child may not be able to return to camp, and no refund will be offered.
- The location of The Reel Camp is next to a pool, we do not have a lifeguard at camp. Kids aren’t allowed to swim without their parent’s supervision.